In this episode of China paradigm, Matthieu David interviews Florent Bonnefoy, founder of Bonnefoy + Partners, about his 10 years of experience in the food-related business in greater China.
Bonnefoy + Partners works with food entrepreneurs across China mainland, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and South Korea on new venture concept development, brand growth and experience design.
In the video, Bonnefoy explains the following:
- What are the five criterion that can earn restaurants a Michelin star.
- Are there really only eight types of Chinese cuisines, or is it more complicated than that?
- How has Chinese people’s flavour preferences evolved from the 90’s until now?
- What are the success and failure factors in running a food business in China?
- In China, does good ingredients necessarily have to be imported, and what are the fest practices to select ingredients?
- When helping entrepreneurs develop their food businesses, what three elements you work on?
China paradigm is a podcast is sponsored by daxue consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.