How does Daxue Consulting assist your market survey in China?
Daxue Consulting aims here to help you better understand China’s market and to determine the key drivers of success for your brand or company in China. An online and offline customer satisfaction survey in China or general market survey helps you to identify consumer demands and expectations, market opportunities, future trends or even competition landscapes. Daxue Consulting will manage any step of your market survey in China through:
- Recruitment of participants, through our consumer panel or active identification for specific, highly-targeted recruitments through our network of fieldwork assistants and online platforms
- Design of the questionnaire from our understanding of your information needs or localization and translation of your existing survey for the Chinese market
- Administration of the questionnaire on our survey platforms, either for the online survey or offline survey (CAWI administration).
- Data-cleaning and panel quality assessment Thanks to our extensive experience of the Chinese market and the common pitfalls for such methodologies
- Analysis and data reporting for an easy and actionable utilization of data and key insights by your team
The final goal is to provide you with all the information you will need to make the best decision and design the best strategy in China.
Through market surveys and customer satisfaction survey in China, Daxue Consulting can give you valuable insights regarding various issues, including:
- U & A
- Client mapping
- Loyalty assessment
- Brand Equity
- Consumer Segmentation
- Central Location Tests (CLT)
When it comes to brand tracking surveys, our consumer panel will allow you to gain key insights regarding your brand performance in China:
- Your position on a particular market
- Your performance
- Your brand awareness and brand equity
- Your market size
- Your market’s trends
- And any driver of growth on your market
Daxue Consulting is able to deliver valuable insights through online and offline market surveys in China. If you want to know more about specific customer satisfaction survey in China, contact our team.
Market surveys also involve statistic tools and formulas such as cross-tabulation. Our workers have qualitative education in the field of data-mining and statistics to ensure you the best analysis regarding the data gathered in the field.
Besides numbers, a market survey often also discloses some insight to the consumer’s vernacular, so we can go deeper and give some insights into the mindset of the interviewees. Our knowledge of China’s culture and consumer habits allow us to give you the best analysis of this qualitative data.
Daxue Consulting has strong expertise of market surveys in China
To design the most adapted market survey, our team of consultants will work hand-to-hand with your staff to choose which methodologies are the most suitable to your goal and the information you need. These include qualitative or quantitative online and offline surveys, mystery shopping, street interactions, store checks, focus groups, customer satisfaction survey in China etc. Our team has the valuable experience in a wide range of methodologies you will need for the Chinese market. Our extensive network allows us to provide local projects like market surveys in Shanghai, Tianjing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Chengdu or Beijing.
The market offline and online survey involves a lot of raw data which requires data-mining processes and analysis capacities, driven by a strong knowledge of the local market and an influential business sense. Our project teams are built and trained for purpose and offer professionalism, responsiveness, and quality in every step of the survey process.
To perform an effective market survey in China, it is important to perfectly define the scope of the research and the target market. This is why we like to work in direct relation to your staff. All of our projects are unique, and we have customized all our solutions to your needs and objectives.
Daxue Consulting’s vision for market surveys in China
During a market survey, it’s crucial to perfectly select the people who we are going to interview & ask the questions. Besides the way they do the questionnaires, there is also the way they understand the answers and transcribe the answers on paper. This requires a minimum level of university background. That is why we based our business model on three levels of consultants – students, internal consultants, and experts – which is perfectly adapted to market surveys in China and outperforms the current quality of market surveys currently offered in China.
Moreover, recruiting the relevant consumer profile to answer your questionnaire will prove to be key for the future findings and the key decision to be made. OurConsumer Panel China gathers the best database of representative users in China.
Furthermore, reliability and consistency must be the primary driver of a market survey in China. That is why we developed a series of checks during the process. All the results and finding are monitored by our market experts and every result which is not in line with realistic data is removed.
How to analyze market survey data and findings
For market surveys and customer satisfaction survey in China, gathering data is key to build a data-driven analysis. Analyzing and finding constructive and actionable findings is Daxue Consulting’s team core expertise. Our action plan for market surveys consists of six simple steps:
- Communicate the research problem and objectives
- Design the overall research plan
- Gather the data or information
- Analyze the data or information
- Present &discuss the findings
- Utilize the findings to make decisions
Daxue Consulting emphasizes the 4th step, as we believe that analyzing the data in a variety of different ways is beneficial to understanding the data. Below are some of the statistical methods we employ:
- Multiple Regression – This statistical procedure is used to estimate the equation with the best fit for explaining how the value of dependent variable changes as the values of some independent variables shifts. This method is commonly used for understanding the relation of the cost of advertising with sales revenue.
- Discriminant Analysis – This technique is used for the classification of people, products, or other tangibles into two or more categories. The analysis helps to distinguish what advertising channels are most effective for different types of products.
- Factor Analysis – This method is used to determine which are the strongest underlying dimensions of a larger set of variables that are inter-correlated. Using factor analysis, a market researcher who wants to know what combination of variables or factors is most appealing to a particular type of consumer can use factor analysis to reduce the data down to the most relevant variables.
- Cluster Analysis – This procedure is used to separate objects into a specific number of groups that are mutually exclusive but also relatively homogeneous in the constitution. This process is used to find the similarities that facilitate grouping consumers into segments and is also interested in the attributes that make the market segments unique.
- Conjoint Analysis – This method of analysis is used to understand the preferences of consumers about different marketing offers. Two dimensions are vital for conjoint analysis: (1) The inferred utility functions of each attribute, and (2) the relative importance of the preferred attributes to the consumers.
- Multidimensional Scaling – This category represents a multitude of techniques used together to produce perceptual maps of competing brands or products. For instance, in multidimensional scaling, brands are shown in the space of attributes in which distance between the brands represents dissimilarity. This method can help a business understand their products distribution channels, packaging options, specialty versions, and other attributes.
Offline survey in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and more
Daxue Consulting has extensive coverage capabilities over Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Over the last few months, our team has conducted offline survey such as customer satisfaction survey in China in any of the top 30 cities in China. We especially consolidated on-site fieldwork survey team in:
- Tier-1 cities Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Tianjin as well as
- Tier-1+ cities such as Guangzhou, Nanjing, Chongqing, Kunming, Xi’an, Wuhan, Shenyang, Dongguan
- and many tier-2 and -3 cities.