Running a restaurant in China
Open a restaurant in China
Daxue Consulting helps companies and individuals to start a business in China through a market research, potential analysis, cost analysis, implementation feasability, data-mining across the internet.
Opening a restaurant, whethear it is French, Italian, Greek, Spanish, Russian, vegetarian or any type, is challenging in China. For instance, French food seem tasteless for many Sichuan people who enjoy spicy food. Location is one of the key to success. Pricing, decoration and communication around the opening are also essential. Starting a restaurant on a segment which ensures you a daily clientele is crucial such as Korean communities in Beijing, French community in Shanghai or students from universities, etc … the first 6 mothns will decide whether you survive or not.
Locate and open a restaurant in China
Daxue Consulting activates various methodologies for you to get a precise idea whether to grab a new business opportunity:
- Information collection through documentary research on competition and previous experiences such as on directories, previous ads, etc.
- Data-basis of contacts to prospect
- Qualitative interviews with market experts, clients, competitors, restaurant owners and prospects
- Interviews with competitors through various approaches
- Qualitative or quantitative interviews with prospects and clients
- Counting and mapping / localization
Plan to launch a restaurant in China
The recommendations resulting from the research go along with the following documents:
- Figures on the main communication networks / communities to spread the word
- A benchmark of best practices of competitors and their strategies
- Summary sheets that detail the opportunities to grab
- Recommendations about the business environment
Price of the services
A market research is charged on a day-study/person basis between 500 and 3000 RMB (55 and 330 euros). The minimum price for a study is 5,000 RMB (550 euros). Some studies may reach up to 500,000 RMB (50.000 euros) especially when the study is part of a long-term contract.