Chinese labour laws from an experienced business lawyer
Our guest Nicolas Coster, a French business lawyer with over 16 years of experience in China, discusses relevant labour laws as an employee as well as the differences in labour laws within the country (learn about the legal process of hiring here).
Jump to questions:
- 0:39: When can an employee take their employer to court?
- 1:18: What is the role of employee handbooks?
- 2:40: What are the main reasons for labor disputes in China?
- 3:19: How are labor laws different to people with different Hukous?
- 3:34: What are the taxes on labor in China?
- 4:07: Are labor laws different from one province to another?
- 4:48: Who should pay personal taxes? The employee or the employer?
Daxue Talks is a show powered by daxue consulting, a china-based strategic market research company founded in 2010! With Daxue Talks, you will stay up to date with all the latest business updates in China.