Oral care business in China
Matthieu David interviews Lucas Englehardt, founder & CEO at xixilab. Hard work pays off. At least this was the case for Lucas’s first business which was food delivery. Using flyer marketing he’s managed to grow it into a sizable business and then eventually sell it to a German company for a great deal. Now Lucas Englehardt is focusing on the dental care market and has been successful in building xixilab into a profitable business in China, in a country that has a powerful public healthcare system. But what products does xixilab sell and what marketing strategies does it employ to generate revenue? Let’s find out in this new China Paradigm podcast.
- 0:15 Guest introduction
- 3:13 Story Time: Why xixilab?
- 7:21 Customizing and Remixing – how xixilab develop their product
- 11:03 How to maintain product quality while going through the approval process
- 13:00 Supply and Demand – how xixilab keeps its prices low
- 16:19 The state of the market – how privatized is teeth care in China
- 18:16 How does xixilab market directly to their consumers?
- 19:25 Teeth whitening and teeth straightening – which one is xixilab’s focus product?
- 22:34 More about xixilab’s company size and business
- 23:29 How did Lucas Englehardt raise money for his business?
- 25:24 China Accelerator – why would a seasoned entrepreneur benefit from it?
- 28:10 Social Media Marketing – China vs The West
- 29:54 About food delivery marketing – Lucas Englehardt’s second business
- 36:04 Making It Work – the vision behind Lucas Englehardt’s food delivery business
- 39:26 The state of the food delivery business in China right now
- 43:39 Two Different Approaches – Lucas Englehardt’s xixilab business vs his former food delivery business
- 47:39 What book has inspired Lucas Englehardt the most in his entrepreneurial journey?
- 49:50 What books about China would Lucas Englehardt recommend?
- 51:30 What productivity tool does Lucas Englehardt like best in China?
- 55:09 What failure and success has Lucas Englehardt witnessed in China?
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of the world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.