Test your knowledge on our new China Quiz!
1) According to Daxue Consulting, how many AI companies are there in China in 2018?
There are 3,000 AI companies in China in 2018 (officially registered).
2) What was the first supermarket to use AI heavily in China?
It was Hema Xiansheng, the showcase of Alibaba's New Retail project, which began to use artificial intelligence at all levels first to offer its customers a new shopping experience. JD.com and Tencent then followed the trend with 7Fresh and Carrefour Le Marché.
3) Chinese AI companies work in collaboration with the government, which provides them with all the data to analyze, especially in terms of security. How many surveillance cameras has China installed?
According to Daxue Consulting, in 2018 China has a pervasive surveillance network with 170 million security cameras in its Skynet system and 400 million more in the pipeline.
4) According to Daxue Consulting, what percentage of jobs in the service sector are at risk of being replaced by artificial intelligence?
21% of existing jobs in China’s service sector could be displaced over the next 20 years because of artificial intelligence in China.
5) On the other hand, artificial intelligence also creates new jobs. According to predictions, by what percentage will job opportunities increase due to the use of artificial intelligence in China in the next 20 years?
It is estimated that there could be a 50% growth in jobs created by AI and related technology over the next 20 years.
6) How has Emotional Data [data that measures the emotions and feelings of someone] been used recently in China?
In 2014, State Grid Zhejiang Electric Power began to leverage emotional data. They have developed an emotional barometer that measures the emotional level of employees and internal managers. This aimed at improving happiness at work, reducing stress, and thus increase the level of employee involvement. Apparently, measuring the happiness of animals in zoos is not yet on the agenda!
7) Alibaba has set up a brand new hotel that relies heavily on the use of artificial intelligence and robots: the FlyZoo hotel. In this hotel, what is the role of robots?
The one-meter high robot activated by Alibaba acts as a concierge, accompanying the guests to their room, providing room service, doing laundry, and even acting as a waiter in the hotel restaurant. At the bar, the bartender is also a robotic arm that can produce more than 20 different cocktail mixes.
8) According to Daxue Consulting’s report, the most common type of robots in China are:
According to Daxue Consulting’s report, the main demands of robots in China’s market come from industrial robots (71%).
Share your Results: