Matthieu David interviews Guillaume Sergent, founder and CEO at Ailion Golf, a company that offers fashion solutions to golf enthusiasts in China. How did Guillaume get his company off the ground and what are Ailion’s marketing and brand strategies? Find out the answers to these questions and learn more about the possible opportunities through connections in China.
- 0:10 Guest introduction
- 3:36 Ailion Golf – company history and size of business
- 11:03 What is Ailion’s product development process?
- 14:32 Collaboration is key to success – how was the first prototype built?
- 20:52 It takes the right software to build the right product
- 24:31 First prototype – financial commitment and other requirements
- 26:56 Ailion’s marketing strategy in China?
- 30:45 Brand building strategy – payoffs vs giveaways
- 35:24 Brand recognition – what brand ambassador did Ailion acquire?
- 39:19 How did Ailion partner with Ctrip?
- 41:01 Being present makes a difference
- 43:17 Is being a foreigner in China an advantage when it comes to doing business?
- 45:15 Ailion’s online marketing strategy
- 50:49 What is Ailion’s experience using Shopify?
- 54:12 How is Ailion using Facebook Pixel?
The relevant episode