Whenever 7Up is mentioned, many people will immediately think of Fido Dido, 7Up’s personalized dynamic kid mascot. Its positioning as the “non-cola” cleverly helped the brand avoid competing with the two cola giants, Coca and Pepsi Cola.
The meaning of 7Up
1. Wake up: Decide to have a good day, This is the day the lord hath made; let’s rejoice and be glad in it.
2. Dress up:The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an expensive way to improve your looks. The lord doesn’t look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance. but the lord looks at the heart
3. Shut up:Say nice thing and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so he must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking.
4. Stand up:For what you believe in. stand for something or you will fall for anything. Let’s not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time. We will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity. Let’s do good.
5. Look up:to the lord, I can do everything through christ who strengthens me.
6. Reach up:for something higher. trust in the lord with all you and lean not unto your own. In all your ways, acknowledge will direct your path.
7. Lift up:your prayers. Don’t worry about anything pray about everything. It not hard to see that 7up advocate a positive attitude to life, which is fit to young students in modern China.
Market Report On Main Competitors of 7up in China: Coca Cola, Pepsi, Gatorade
Coca Cola. Coca-Cola entered China in 1927, for some reason after the withdrawal of return to China in 1979, and set up a Coca-Cola (China) Limited. Now Coca-Cola (China) Co., Ltd. has become China’s largest beverage joint venture, each of the taxes turned over to the country reached three billion yuan.
Pepsi. Pepsi Cola is one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, with 2009 annual revenues of nearly US$60 billion. The Company employs approximately 285,000 people worldwide, and its products are sold in approximately 200 countries.Its principal businesses include: Frito-Lay snacks, Pepsi-Cola beverages, Gatorade sports drinks, Tropicana juices and Quaker foods. In 1981, Pepsi Cola became one of the first American companies to enter China when it signed a contract with the Chinese government to set up a bottling plant in Shenzhen. Pepsi Cola has invested more than RMB8 billion in establishing 22 drink bottling plants and one concentrate plant in 21 cities all over China.