Matthieu David interviews Nicolas Clement, founder of Nego Asia, the China distributor of Halifax Consulting to understand better how to negotiate in China. He obtained the Stanford Professional Certificate in Strategic Decisions & Risk Management Certificate, and graduated with an MBA from ESSEC Business School. Nicolas Clement emphasizes bringing respect to the negotiation table, and focus on preparation and understanding your counterpart.
Highlights of this episode:
- What is negotiation 4.0? The importance of respect
- Why preparation is the most important step to negotiating
- Is there a need to adapt knowledge and strategy while in China?
- Is BATNA (Best alternative to negotiated agreement) still relevant today?
- Advice for an entrepreneur on negotiating with investors
- Nicolas’s opinion on ‘The Art of The Deal’ and other book recommendations
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.
Make the new economic China Paradigm positive leverage for your business
Do not hesitate to reach out our project managers at email@example.com to get all answers to your questions