China’s natural ingredients
Matthieu David interviews Gordon Dumoulin, founder and CEO at Dumoco Natural Ingredients. When it comes to eating healthy everyone knows that “natural” is the way to go. But where does Gordon’s company fit on the Chinese F&B market? (read an article about Frozen food market in China). Is there a need for an intermediary between a customer and Chinese farmers, processing companies, etc.? Find out the answer to these questions and more in this new China Paradigm podcast.
- 0:14 Guest introduction
- 2:50 The business of natural ingredients – how does it work?
- 8:35 Doing business in China vs the West – the win-win scenario
- 12:30 How do natural ingredients fit on the Chinese medicine market?
- 18:24 How does Dumoco Natural Ingredients collect their product?
- 20:39 Who are Dumoco Natural Ingredients’ clients in the West?
- 22:33 Transparency and pricing – how does one affect the other?
- 25:12 Managing the exports – a necessity for both small and large companies
- 27:40 Instant Bridge Education – another success story in China
- 31:53 Who are Instant Bridge Education’s clients?
- 36:25 Education adapted for the need to express
- 39:47 Change is inevitable – why is that a positive thing?
- 41:58 5iZ – name origin and mission
- 45:32 What books have inspired Gordon Dumoulin the most?
- 50:46 What unexpected success and failure has Gordon Dumoulin witnessed in China?
- 53:45 What does Gordon Dumoulin read to stay up to date with business in China?
- 56:06 Outro
The relevant episodes
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.