In this episode of China Paradigm, we interview Jie Zhang, a serial entrepreneur with a strong tech background and founder at AdChina.io a software as a service (SaaS) platform that makes advertising in China easier for foreign brands. The differences between advertising in China and the West are staggering when it comes to how the various Chinese social media platforms handle the way they push content to their users. This is where AdChina.io can be used by brands as a tool to test out different marketing strategies and gather valuable information about Chinese consumers’ behavior. But how does AdChina.io actually work and what level of integration does it provide in relation to the different Chinese social media platforms out there? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this new China Paradigm podcast.
- 00:00 Intro
- 8:20 INSEAD – the missing link for beginning the entrepreneurial journey
- 10:18 AdChina.io – company size and funding
- 16:04 AdChina.io – how does it work, what does it offer clients, and pricing policy
- 23:47 How does AdChina.io handle censorship?
- 25:01 Can AdChina be used as an advertisement tool on Linkedin?
- 26:23 Does AdChina have access to all the big social media platforms in China?
- 27:50 SaaS – how can AdChina.io be used by it’s customers?
- 31:45 The AdChina.io philosophy
- 36:13 Gathering the right info – what level of information does each platform offer AdChina.io?
- 38:54 Which social platform is the best to be targeted by advertisers in China?
- 40:37 Which Chinese social media platform makes it the easiest to target demographics according to their interests?
- 43:09 What level of programmable advertising can AdChina.io offer?
- 46:23 How are Nordic brands perceived in China?
- 50:29 What advice can Jie Zhang offer brands regarding cross-border eCommerce?
- 53:03 Which Chinese platform is best to start with for eCommerce?
- 55:31 What did Jie Zhang learn during his time spent working for Huawei?
- 1:01:24 Does the mispronunciation of Huawei in different parts of Europe affect brand recognition?
- 1:03:03 What is Jie Zhang’s point of view on the success of Chinese brands overseas?
- 1:05:33 What does the next wave of Chinese companies that will be successful in the West look like in Jie Zhang’s opinion?
- 1:09:31 Maotai – what is the experience of selling baijiu in the Nordic countries?
- 1:13:02 What unexpected business success has Jie Zhang witnessed in China?
- 1:15:20 How does Jie Zhang feel about working overseas as opposed to living and working in China?
- 1:16:50 What unexpected business failure has Jie Zhang witnessed in China?
A relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.