Matthieu David interviews Founder at Maik’s Gourmet & passionate chef and F&B consultant. The Food and Beverage industry is a very competitive one in China and that’s why having a strong backend and a quality frontend are the factors that will make business in China’s B2B food scene succeed. Maik’s Gourmet provides F&B businesses with DIY foreign food deliverables that are fresh, health risk certified and in demand. But how hard is it to be able to deliver fresh food on a daily basis? How does Maik manage different inventory demands and how has the coronavirus impacted the way consumers approach buying food from F&B businesses now? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this new China Paradigm interview.
- 0:00 Guest introduction
- 1:49 What is Maik Juengst’s perspective on how the coronavirus outbreak impacted businesses?
- 4:52 Are restaurants less affected by the outbreak than hotels?
- 8:39 Maik’s Gourmet – a company introduction
- 15:49 What does Maik’s Gourmet bring to the table in their partnership with Haidilao?
- 17:26 How much territory can Maik’s Gourmet cover in China?
- 19:37 What type of clients would benefit from Maik Juengst’s F&B consultancy services?
- 23:19 How does Maik’s Gourmet tackle the issue of inventory for their clients?
- 26:41 How hard is it to ensure the quality and safety of the delivered products?
- 30:58 How has the coronavirus outbreak changed the way consumers judge how they buy their food?
- 33:10 Was the WeChat platform created during the outbreak for B2B clients or for the end client also?
- 35:12 Why does focusing on B2C is not a priority right now?
- 37:45 How is foreign food perceived on the Chinese market?
- 39:43 Why isn’t there a foreign food chain in China?
- 41:46 What unexpected success or failure has Maik Juengst witnessed in China?
- 44:47 Why has Maik Juengst decide to locate his business in Shenzen?
- 49:18 Outro
The relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.