Run Shanghai restaurants, bars & clubs
Matthieu David interviews Gennadii Bochkar and Chen Feng (Fiona) partners and Co-founders at BIBIMI Group with 10 venues in Shanghai. Situated between the fast-casual and casual dining experiences, the BIBIMI group manages 10 venues successfully and planning to open new spots and even night clubs. But how do they manage such a managerial workload, what principles do they rely upon when building a new venue and how important is social media for their business? Find out the answers to these questions and more on this new China Paradigm interview.
- 4:48 Current size of BIBIMI group and revenue
- 7:19 Brief group history
- 15:06 What was the vision of scaling from Bites&Brew to the BIBIMI group?
- 16:54 Fast casual and casual dining – why is the BIBIMI group in between?
- 20:31 The Beginning – was money raised to start or to grow the business?
- 22:02 What were the investments required to scale the business?
- 27:54 The principles involved in building a new concept for a restaurant
- 31:46 Leveraging social media for building new restaurant concepts
- 38:17 How does BIBIMI group’s competition look like?
- 41:02 Did the coronavirus outbreak affect the BIBIMI group’s business in a positive way?
- 43:47 What economy of scale strategies can BIBIMI group employ in the future?
- 46:18 It’s all about having a great backend strategy
- 47:52 What software does the BIBIMI group rely upon in their day to day business?
- 50:48 What are Fiona’s responsibilities within the group?
- 53:43 Is the interior design service internalized or externalized?
- 57:37 Paying back investors – a BIBIMI group timeline
- 1:01:00 How does Fiona handle Gennadii not being involved in the business full time?
- 1:03:10 What books have inspired Fiona in her entrepreneurial journey?
- 1:06:12 What books have inspired Gennadii in his entrepreneurial journey?
The relevant episodes
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.