China Paradigm interviews Benjamin Patin, co-founder of Wheat Co. and Sailang. In this interview we learn about both his businesses, one doing China imports and one is a healthy restaurant in Shanghai. Diving deep into the business model of his restaurant, as it includes many interesting elements like meal planning and nutrition advising, we learn every step of starting a restaurant including initial investment, leases, employee management and expansion.
Highlights of this episode include:
- The value of an intermediary in trade, and how he decides pricing
- How people switch from import to export business successfully
- Are health restaurants mainstream in China? And misconceptions of what is healthy among Chinese consumers
- How to lease a restaurant space in China and management of staff in China
- How to find reliable healthy food suppliers in China and the challenges of importing organic food
- How to communicate authenticity of food claims among consumers
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.
Make the new economic China Paradigm positive leverage for your business
Do not hesitate to reach out our project managers at email@example.com to get all answers to your questions