Matthieu David interviews Vincent Ghossoub, co-founder & CEO of Falafel Games. Building a company that handles game development and game publishing in China can definitely be a challenge. But how big does this challenge become if your main goal is to develop games for an Arabic market? In this new China Paradigm podcast interview, we learn about Vincent Ghossoub’s journey on his quest to hire Chinese talent for building the best gaming experience in the Middle East.
- 3:37 Falafel Games’ current business model
- 6:18 Midcore vs Hardcore vs Casual
- 9:42 “China is part of the recipe!” – why Falafel Games was founded in China
- 19:03 Micro-transactions in the freemium model – what do people actually pay for?
- 34:22 When it comes to the gaming market “China is a bloodbath”– how cheap is talent really, in China?
- 37:17 Initial investment – what did it take to get Falafel Games off the ground?
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.