In this episode of China Paradigm, Geoffrey Handley, Co-founder and General Partner of Haitao Capital, speaks with Matthieu David-Experton about investing in China, in startups, mentoring startups, and succeeding guided by the right principles.
- 2:07 About Haitao Capital’s business lens
- 16:48 How Haitao Capital invests
- 19:32 Where can foreigners be successful in China
- 27:11 How does Haitao Capital select startups beyond looking at micro-trends
- 32:45 Putting investments into action
- 37:56 Organizing time with many activities and directions
- 40:44 investments at an early stage
- 42:51 Failures
- 47:38 Meaning of principles
- 48:57 Understanding what the Chinese government wants for China
- 52:44 One government policy that you can deduct investment strategies from
- 55:34 Investing in Airbnb
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.