Distributing food products in China
Matthieu David interviews David Beutin, Sales Manager – HORECA Food Service at Lactalis International. HORECA was and is one of the most impacted business industries by the Coronavirus outbreak. How does a food service company manage to recover from such a crisis in China and how different is the business model of such a company compared to the West? Find out the answers to these questions and many more in this new China Paradigm podcast.
- 0:10 Guest introduction
- 02:53 State of the HORECA industry right now
- 08:48 How has the outbreak affect distribution in China?
- 13:29 What advice does David Beutin have for the HORECA companies in the west that are going through the outbreak?
- 18:38 China is back in business – how should foreign companies react?
- 21:31 Back in business after the outbreak – what challenges does that pose?
- 24:01 Hygiene can mare or break a HORECA business
- 26:29 How does the business look like for Lactalis in China compared to the West?
- 30:47 A China Paradigm for Lactalis – does the business model need to be different?
- 34:42 Does Lactalis externalize any department?
- 40:04 How does Lactalis handle deals with its distributors?
- 46:46 Outsourcing distributors vs direct sales
- 51:12 What’s missing in the Chinese food market?
- 55:20 Top priorities to consider when trying to sell food in China
- 01:00:19 What sources does David Beutin use to stay up to date with China?
- 01:02:27 Outro
The relevant episode