[Podcast] China paradigm #25: How to connect an overseas store to 900 million Chinese consumers using mobile payment
In this episode of China Paradigm, Matthieu David-Experton interviews Annie Guo, CEO and founder of Silkpay, a company assisting European stores in setting up the infrastructure to accept mobile payments from WeChat pay and Alipay. In this episode we learn the following:
- The business model of Silkpay and the strategy behind it
- Why it is complicated for foreign brands to use QR codes, and how to use them
- What taxes apply in China for cross-border e-commerce & understanding the new tax laws in 2019
- Why the Chinese government has lowered taxes for foreign brands, and their incentives behind the new policy
- Regulations and logistics for industries like food and beverage, cosmetics, etc.
- One pricing tactic that foreign brands should implement to attract more Chinese consumers
- How has the yellow jacket protest affected Chinese tourism in France
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.
Make the new economic China Paradigm positive leverage for your business
Do not hesitate to reach out to our project managers at firstname.lastname@example.org to get all answers to your questions