Matthieu David interviews Yuan Yingzi, Executive Director at Europe China Foundation and Strategic Innovation Lab Strategic Analyst at Ubisoft. China’s business ecosystem is attracting interesting resources which fuel Chinese innovation. European start-ups are starting to look to Chinese investors and VCs for partnerships and funding. How does the Europe China Foundation function to help build these business relationships and how do these relationships affect innovation? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this new China Paradigm podcast.
- 0:10 Guest introduction
- 00:49 What is Europe China Foundation and what do they focus on?
- 05:35 How is the strength of innovation different for China compared to Europe?
- 09:43 Makerspace – a deeper understanding of this Chinese notion
- 12:31 What other specificities are there for China regarding innovation?
- 13:42 What is Europe China Foundation’s purpose?
- 16:20 How are China-based VCs different than foreign VCs?
- 18:00 From production to market – China’s blooming ecosystem
- 21:42 What is the next frontier to be conquered by China’s innovation?
- 25:39 How is China leveraging European connections to accelerate innovation?
- 29:16 What are the factors that have contributed to the failure of many tech companies in China?
- 31:10 Is it worth coming into the Chinese market if companies have to reconsider their whole marketing strategy? 35;16 On the topic of “Open Innovation”…
- 37:50 What book about China has inspired Yuan Yingzi the most?
- 39:02 What does Yuan Yingzi read to stay up to date on China?
- 40:55 What book does Yuan Yingzi recommend for reading on the topic of business in China?
- 42:45 Should Yung Yingzi have extra time what would she be doing on the side?
- 44:06 What unexpected success has Yung Yingzi witnessed in China?
- 47:39 What unexpected failure has Yung Yingzi witnessed in China?
- 49:07 Outro
The relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.