Leveraging data to surf China’s e-commerce
Matthieu David interviews Renata Thiébaut, Head of Research & Business Intelligence at Web2Asia. The most important foreign online selling brands in China are so successful probably because they had Web2Asia as their ally when they were first starting out on the Chinese market. It takes a lot of strategizing, data accumulation and re-strategizing to be successful on the different Chinese product selling platforms and this will be broken down into details in this new China Paradigm podcast.
- 0:15 Guest introduction
- 1:51 Company history and field of work
- 4:10 Size of business and details on revenue
- 6:38 Initial vision for Web2Asia
- 10:57 Case Study: How well was Web2Asia able to sell Jellycat on Alibaba?
- 16:36 Changing brand strategy was the key to success
- 24:16 Focusing on the market place – How to drive traffic to your online store
- 26:14 100% data-driven – re-marketing and re-strategizing
- 30:12 Strategizing for success – bringing a European brand to China
- 34:16 The coronavirus outbreak can also have a positive effect on some brands
- 35:23 Food delivery sales are still going strong after the coronavirus outbreak in China
- 37:06 The new era of retail – does offline compete with online?
- 39:12 Managing the different aspects of building a brand requires a great team
- 41:34 Creating a marketing campaign – stages and involved people
- 49:31 Double 11 – the shopping festival impact
- 52:22 China has many platforms that suit many types of products
- 1:00:06 What book inspired Renata Thiébaut the most in her entrepreneurial journey?
- 1:02:27 What does Renata Thiébaut read to stay up to date with China?
- 1:03:45 What would Renata Thiébaut recommend for foreigners to read, watch or follow in order to learn more about China?
- 1:05:21 What unexpected failure has Renata Thiébaut witnessed in China?
- 1:08:07 What unexpected success has Renata Thiébaut witnessed in China?
One related interview
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.