In this episode, our guest Olivier Vérot from Gentleman Marketing Agency (GMA) talks about the online presence of fashion brands in the Chinese market. He explains the role of branded websites, describes the different SEO strategies, and shares information on how to open a Tmall store in China.
Jump to questions:
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:22 When you’re a fashion brand, how do you use your own branded website in order to get visibility and get sales?
- 3:02 How useful is it to invest in SEO when you are a fashion brand?
- 6:31 What is the process of opening an official Tmall store for a fashion brand and what are the associated costs?
- 9:05 As we know, inventory is key for fashion brands, especially clothing. How do you manage logistics, warehouse, and stocks inventories for a fashion brand selling online?
- Due to China’s e-commerce platform domination, running a branded website is not a must for most enterprises. Olivier Vérot thus advises fashion businesses to chiefly adopt one’s own website to leverage corporate storytelling or redirect visitors to other platforms.
- Fashion brands should opt for a progressive investment plan for their Tmall account. Olivier Vérot recommends young businesses to start with a cost-effective approach in order to gain first feedbacks and then sharply adapt one’s page to the Chinese market.
- The founder of GMA advises fashion brands entering the Chinese market to commence investing in “SEO for the reputation”. It allows them to focus on their brand name and control the result when people specifically search for their brand.
Daxue Talks is a show powered by daxue consulting, a china-based strategic market research company founded in 2010! With Daxue Talks, you will stay up to date with all the latest business updates in China.