Stephane Choury, Co-Founder of HI-COM, speaks with Matthieu David about the Chinese market in translation and digital communication business. In this episode of China Paradigms, Stephane talks about the business model of his translation business in China, as well as the products, services and client acquisition. He also talks about how does technology affect the translation industry.
- 2:12 The size of the company
- 4:15 How to deal with predictability in translation business
- 6:22 The client acquisition of the company
- 9:35 The business model of the company
- 13:36 How to manage so many people in the organization
- 20:23 How does the company seize the competition
- 23:48 Products and services the company provides
- 31:04 The translation mode of the company
- 31:55 How the company make money with the DIANPING APP translation
- 33:23 The story behind the company
- 34:40 As the founder of the company, how does he work with his wife
- 36:10 What advice will Stephane give to people considering doing business as couples
- 38:14 The current situation of the company
- 42:35 How much margin will the company give to a franchisee
- 46:00 How many active clients the company has are Chinese
- 48:00 The trend of Chinese companies targeting western clients directly with their own marketing
- 48:53 Stephane’s opinion towards technology and the translation
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of the world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.