In this episode of China Paradigm, Andrea Myles, CEO & Co-Founder of the China Australia Millennial Project, speaks with Mathieu David-Experton about building intercultural relations between Chinese and Australian individuals through innovation. She tells us about the processes of the China Australia Millennial Project and shares some tips with us on the key to getting to the top and to succeed in understanding yourself through China’s lens.
- 1:53 About the China Australia Millennial Project
- 5:43 Commitment of millennial participants
- 7:56 Online portion of the China Australia Millennial Project
- 9:54 Program interactions
- 14:35 Demographics of program participants
- 16:54 How does the China Australia Millennial Project reach out to prospective participants
- 18:35 Secret source
- 20:51 Andrea’s understanding of “millennial”
- 23:14 What do participants have to master to be at ease?
- 26:49 Fake differences and stereotypes
- 29:03 Working on improving China notoriously in Australian high schools
- 32:38 How to obtain rewards and board memberships and what do you get from it
- 37:51 Difference in education between the Chinese and Westerners
- 41:15 Inspiration from books
- 42:38 Sources used to stay up-to-date on China
- 44:13 How Andrea utilizes WeChat to stay up-to-date
- 45:17 Book recommendation
- 46:04 Which productivity practices/tools Andrea likes most
- 47:43 An idea that Andrea would like to work on if she had extra time
- 48:55 Most surprising experience Andrea has had in China
- 51:00 Something Andrea has done that only a few people know about
- 52:56 The most interesting thing in China for Andrea
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.