In this episode of China Paradigm, Zhang Ying Fei, Freelance Therapist, speaks with Matthieu David-Experton analyzing Chinese society, what it is like to be a therapist in China and the conflicts of individuals as they relate to Chinese society and social values.
- 2:00 The work Zhang has done in the Psychology sector
- 3:29 Zhang’s beginnings as a therapist
- 8:11 Organization of the profession
- 13:34 Training environment for therapists in China
- 16:23 Standards for therapists/ authoritative powers as therapists
- 21:49 China-specific psychological issues, difficulties, and challenges
- 27:40 What is socially valued in China?
- 30:33 Conflicts that Zhang’s patients often deal with
- 36:50 Conflicts with social media
- 43:24 Motivations behind female body modification
- 48:40 eastern and Western views on the ideal image
- 52:04 Marriage and divorce in China: freedom and conflicts
- 57:30 Difficulties among male patients
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.