We interview Douglas Corley, who is a Beijing-based healthcare entrepreneur and the Co-Founder and CEO at DHB Global. For ten years DHB Global has acted as a bridge between foreign private healthcare companies trying to get into the Chinese healthcare market and the Chinese healthcare regulatory institutions to facilitate successful transitions from foreign frameworks and regulations to Chinese frameworks and regulations in China’s fast-growing healthcare segments.
- 00:00 Intro
- 5:36 DHB Global – a brief company history
- 9:33 What services does DHB Global provide its customers?
- 13:22 How does DHB Global facilitate the link between the Chinese public health institutions and foreign private healthcare companies trying to sell their services on the Chinese market?
- 19:30 Are research universities in China incentivized totally different than foreign universities?
- 22:19 A precise example of the scope of services DHB Global provides
- 24:59 What is the level of internalization of operations for DHB Global? 31:43 Deep dive – the Chinese healthcare system
- 35:01 Is there a private healthcare sector developing for smaller Chinese cities?
- 38:52 Healthy China 2030 – what are the main directions?
- 43:55 What means will the Chinese government employ in order to fulfill the Healthy China 2030 objectives?
- 48:25 How much autonomy do science parks have in provincial China?
- 50:41 What is China’s current vision on nursing homes?
- 54:59 How good is the Chinese public healthcare system? Is there room for a private sector?
- 1:03:28 What is DHB Global’s experience in dealing with the COVID-19 crisis?
- 1:10:45 How does DHB Global use cryptography to reinforce transparency on its suppliers and supply chain?
- 1:16:15 What books have inspired Douglas Corley in his entrepreneurial journey?
- 1:17:18 What does Douglas Corley read to stay up to date with China?
- 1:20:01 What books on China have been a game-changing read for Douglas Corley?
- 1:22:25 What other activity would Douglas Corley pursue should he have extra time?
- 1:24:15 What advice would present Douglas Corley have for his ten years younger version?
A relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.