Matthieu David interviews Eloi Gerard, CEO & Co-Founder at CrowsNest. Virtual Reality has become a phenomenon in the past decade. But is China a proper ecosystem for this type of entertainment? How far has virtual reality come and what are it’s limitations in China vs the West? What is CrowsNest’s experience in the XR market and what are the differences between VR, AR, MR, and AV? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this new China Paradigm podcast!
- 0:10 Guest introduction and company history
- 7:07 Telling a story – is VR capable or is it still in an experimental phase?
- 9:33 Entertainment or mass market – at what stage is VR right now?
- 16:13 Pushing VR entertainment in China – the Thomas Cook case study
- 19:33 CrowsNest’s experience working with Logitech
- 25:27 What do XR and AV mean for the virtual reality space? What is MR?
- 31:38 The limitations of the VR industry in China
- 36:19 The tools of the trade – the type of devices that can be used to experience VR?
- 39:42 Creating the proper ecosystem for VR in China – what are the obstacles CrowsNest faces?
- 44:31 What does Eloi Gerard read to stay up to date with the VR industry in China?
- 46:42 Should Eloi Gerard have extra time what new business would he be involved in?
- 48:53 What unexpected failure and unexpected success has Eloi Gerard witnessed in China?
- 52:22 Outro
🔖 Creating new customer interactions through immersive video content in China
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.