Matthieu David interviews Eloi Gerard, CEO & Co-Founder at CrowsNest. Virtual Reality has become a phenomenon in the past decade. But is China a proper ecosystem for this type of entertainment? How far has virtual reality come and what are it’s limitations in China vs the West? What is CrowsNest’s experience in the XR market and what are the differences between VR, AR, MR, and AV? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this new China Paradigm podcast!
Skip to the highlights:
- 0:10 Guest introduction and company history
- 7:07 Telling a story – is VR capable or is it still in an experimental phase?
- 9:33 Entertainment or mass market – at what stage is VR right now?
- 16:13 Pushing VR entertainment in China – the Thomas Cook case study
- 19:33 CrowsNest’s experience working with Logitech
- 25:27 What do XR and AV mean for the virtual reality space? What is MR?
- 31:38 The limitations of the VR industry in China
- 36:19 The tools of the trade – the type of devices that can be used to experience VR?
- 39:42 Creating the proper ecosystem for VR in China – what are the obstacles CrowsNest faces?
- 44:31 What does Eloi Gerard read to stay up to date with the VR industry in China?
- 46:42 Should Eloi Gerard have extra time what new business would he be involved in?
- 48:53 What unexpected failure and unexpected success has Eloi Gerard witnessed in China?
- 52:22 Outro
Make the new economic China Paradigm positive leverage for your business
Do not hesitate to reach out our project managers at firstname.lastname@example.org to get all answers to your questions