The travel industry in the time of the Coronavirus
Matthieu David interviews Sophie Sun, a founder at TravelRight. If you’re a traveler and flying to your destinations is your choice of transportation then you’ve definitely dealt with flight delays before. For people flying from China the answer to their flight delay related issues seems to be TravelRight, which is not an insurance company but it is a valuable resource to OTAs and travel insurance companies across China. Let’s find out why in this China Paradigm podcast!
Skip to the highlights:
- 0:10 Guest introduction
- 2:38 What does TravelRight do?
- 4:53 What is TravelRight’s business model?
- 5:59 Who are TravelRight’s customers and is the company meeting their needs?
- 9:56 Why do OTAs like to work with TravelRight?
- 15:20 TravelRight – a short company history
- 18:44 The delayed customer market – how big is it?
- 21:19 How did Sophie Sun come up with the idea for TravelRight?
- 26:33 The value of an Alibaba education
- 31:10 The funding behind Travel Right
- 36:17 The Coronavirus outbreak – how does it affect TravelRight?
- 37:44 The Pandemic Paradigm – how to manage a business crisis
- 47:07 Shopie Sun’s management style – a western education
- 54:10 Opinions on being a women entrepreneur in China
- 1:01:41 Outro
The relevant episode
Make the new economic China Paradigm positive leverage for your business
Do not hesitate to reach out our project managers at firstname.lastname@example.org to get all answers to your questions