The travel industry in the time of the Coronavirus
Matthieu David interviews Sophie Sun, a founder at TravelRight. If you’re a traveler and flying to your destinations is your choice of transportation then you’ve definitely dealt with flight delays before. For people flying from China the answer to their flight delay related issues seems to be TravelRight, which is not an insurance company but it is a valuable resource to OTAs and travel insurance companies across China. Let’s find out why in this China Paradigm podcast!
- 0:10 Guest introduction
- 2:38 What does TravelRight do?
- 4:53 What is TravelRight’s business model?
- 5:59 Who are TravelRight’s customers and is the company meeting their needs?
- 9:56 Why do OTAs like to work with TravelRight?
- 15:20 TravelRight – a short company history
- 18:44 The delayed customer market – how big is it?
- 21:19 How did Sophie Sun come up with the idea for TravelRight?
- 26:33 The value of an Alibaba education
- 31:10 The funding behind Travel Right
- 36:17 The Coronavirus outbreak – how does it affect TravelRight?
- 37:44 The Pandemic Paradigm – how to manage a business crisis
- 47:07 Shopie Sun’s management style – a western education
- 54:10 Opinions on being a women entrepreneur in China
- 1:01:41 Outro
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of the world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.