Ben Weldon is the Creative Director, CEO and Founder of Thread Design, a brand agency in China specializing in the food and beverage industry. In this episode of China Paradigm lead by Matthieu David, we learn about branding cases in China, and the differences between running a brand agency in China vs. the West.
- 5:15 What is the definition of ‘Branding’
- 8:15 How to decide what to keep vs change in a brand strategy
- 9:45 Case of ALDI’s China brand strategy
- 16:00 The difference in Chinese and foreign brands and branding
- 18:30 How Thread Design works with Chinese clients
- 21:00 Why Shanghai is a great location for a branding agency
- 27:15 Hiring and managing creative people in China
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.