In this episode of China Paradigm, Jay Thornills and Charles Erickson, Co-Founder & Head of Product Development at Baopals, speaks with Matthieu David about how to provide a platform to give foreigners in China an easy and enjoyable way to shop on Taobao and Tmall. In this China business vlog, Jay and Charles talk about the business model of Baopals, the service it provides, how to manage seasonality, and more.
- 1:26 How many people are in the team
- 1:40 The story behind the company
- 5:26 The business model of Baopals
- 7:03 Does Baopals communicate transparently on 6% markup?
- 7:38 The service Baopals provides
- 11:55 Who is shopping on Baopals.com
- 17:28 How to manage the seasonality
- 22:50 The challenges Baopals has faced when working with Taobao sellers and peak seasonality
- 24:37 Does Baopals refund the commission when customers return products
- 26:23 The client-acquisition and the vision of the company
- 31:45 What does Baopals do on WeChat
- 33:47 What kind of software does Baopals use for marketing
- 36:05 The coding behind Baopals
- 40:26 Baopals’ transaction with Taobao
- 42:47 Oversea products sold through Taobao
- 46:55 Bestsellers on Baopals
- 52:33 The future of Baopals
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.