In this episode of China Paradigm Dominic Johnson-Hill, founder & CEO of Plastered 8, speaks with Matthieu David-Experton about being a Beijing centered brand in China, censorship, and the process of creativition. Not only does he tells us about the workings behind the creativity of Plastered 8, an iconic design brand in China, but also leaves us with helpful tips and know-hows on how to become an iconic design brand in China.
- 3:15 About Plastered 8
- 5:40 Plastered 8 creation process for designs
- 7:48 Business model
- 10:10 Stand point of Plastered 8
- 14:25 Dealing with trademark in China
- 18:14 Censorship stories
- 20:18 Knowing the parameters of censorship
- 22:28 Utilizing the attraction to Chinese pop-culture
- 26:24 Online sales
- 31:53 Challenges of running a business
- 34:23 Managing numbers of items produced
- 36:59 Best selling design
- 38:55 Distance towards Chinese culture vs. design
- 41:48 Evolution of Beijing
- 45:02 How Dominic finds inspiration for products
- 47:46 Dominic’s method of working
- 50:17 Speaking to MBA and EMBA
- 53:45 Dominic’s book A Foreign Entrepreneur’s China Dream.
One relevant episode
impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.