Matthieu David interviews Augustin Missoffe, a managing director of Greater China, Korea & ASEAN at HOPSCOTCH Groupe. How is event marketing progressing in China’s digital world? Is e-commerce marketing strictly digital now? And how different is running event-based marketing campaigns in China opposed to the West? Find out the answers to these questions and many more in this new China Paradigm podcast!
- 2:53 HOPSCOTCH – current size and company history
- 7:20 How does HOPSCOTCH operate?
- 9:57 HOPSCOTCH – managing an extensive network
- 12:29 Event-native – case studies
- 20:13 The process of working with a KOL or a KOC – a milk-powder anecdote
- 25:03 Product awareness vs personal brand strength
- 26:56 Reaching out to KOLs – what is that process like?
- 29:15 What differences are there between working on China-based campaigns vs western campaigns?
- 35:44 Opinions on New-Retail – why it is a philosophy
- 42:06 Event-based marketing vs the digital media
- 44:55 Why are some companies not going the event marketing route?
- 48:16 Is E-commerce still using event-based marketing for products?
- 49:49 What books inspired Augustin Missoffe in his journey?
- 51:35 What does Augustin Missoffe read to stay up to date with China?
- 56:16 What unexpected success and unexpected failure has Augustin Missoffe witnessed in China?
One relevant episode
We believe, that China, with 20% of world population and as the second world economy, is impacting every single business, small to big. That is why it is a new paradigm. How does China impact your business is the ultimate question we will answer through those podcasts.
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.