In this episode of China Paradigm, Matthieu David interviews Julien Delerue, founder and CEO of 1000Meetings, an event venue marketplace in China, building a bridge between events and clients. We learn about the MICE industry in China (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions), and how the company aggregates clients both on the demand and supply side. Currently, 1000Meetings has 16,000 hotels in their database and 1,000 as members.
Highlights of this interview include:
- Building a software solution
- How the company uses a bidding pricing system
- How the company is expanding outside of China
- Why the company prefers to acquire clients offline vs. online
- Parameters that are taken into account when finding MICE venues in China
- How much funding was needed to start the company
China paradigm is a China business podcast sponsored by Daxue Consulting where we interview successful entrepreneurs about their businesses in China. You can access all available episodes from the China paradigm Youtube page.
Make the new economic China Paradigm positive leverage for your business
Do not hesitate to reach out our project managers at email@example.com to get all answers to your questions