Daxue Consulting provides complete tailor-made market reports that deliver vital market information on your industry or sector in China. Our China market reports include:
- Market Sizing and Structuring
- Micro and macro analysis
- Regional dynamics and Operational landscape
- Demographic profiling and Addressable market
- Legal Set-up and Regulatory frameworks
- Profitability and Cost analysis
- Segmentation analysis of your Market
- Existing marketing strategies in the market, Best practice, GAP analysis
- Competitive landscape, Leading market players, Benchmarking
- Future market trends and opportunities – Scenario modeling
Whether it’s market entry or dealing with an already established presence in China, having a holistic assessment and detailed analysis of the market conditions is essential. Market reports in China can be a mean to:
- Explore the Chinese market and contextualize your business in China
- Identify market opportunities and assess the scope of your investment
- Gather market intelligence leading to data-driven decisions and strategic set up
- Audit the evolution over time of your competition, consumers or distribution channels
- Design a strategic road-map for your market entry or market expansion in China
Daxue has conducted market research on a broad range of topics, sectors, industries, and business issues in China. Our experience and methodologies allow our staff to create fully comprehensive bespoke market reports to help you make the best decisions in the Chinese market.
How to Efficiently Audit Your Industry in China?
To efficiently audit an industry in China where reliable and updated market data might be lacking, having specific outside assets and research capabilities are necessary. To efficiently audit an industry, we utilize our:
- Strong network of local top-management level professionals in many industries
- Access to extensive set of databases
- Software of online data scrapping for social media listings
- Panel of end-consumers
- Fieldwork research team in targeted and strategic location, with city-level expertise
Our Local experienced professionals
provide in-depth insights that might not be available from basic online research. In order to provide key data insights and hard facts on what is really happening in the market and where the opportunities lie, Daxue Consulting will activate its extensive network of local top-level management professionals in your sector of interest. Our team executes interviews with market insiders and experienced professionals and provides recruitment, screening, moderation, data collection and follow-up analysis
. The insights collected from these market interviews are then used in correlation with the information retrieved from desk research, consumer panels and big data analytics to get a larger more quantifiable statistical perspective of the market trends.
The online data scrapping and social listening
allow us to extract a unique volume of consumer data and identify trends shaping the evolution of your market. It includes information regarding recent media coverage, brand reputation, consumption feedback, trendy concepts, consumption needs, and new concepts in a targeted market and industry. Specifically, as a part of our online volume audit process, Daxue Consulting extracts, measures and monitors the volume of search queries on key digital platforms such as:
Thus, expert auditing can be used as a tool to strengthen your business, providing you with the validated information necessary to make informed market decisions.
How to Report Market Trends in China?
In the delivery of our China market reports, we provide a contextualization of your targeted market through a comprehensive assessment of the various industry insights and consumer-driven trends important for your product or service.
Having a contextualization of the business environment in China allows for the identification of various touch points
and dynamic market trends
to be analyzed and leveraged
. In this step Daxue relies mostly on a collection of secondary data and local professional interviews. In particular, we incorporate an analysis of the following to be included in the overview of the trends within the market.
- Media coverage
- Social media trends
- Consumer research
- Local professional and stakeholders’ insights
- Databases and existing market reports
Secondly, we report on the market dynamics and conditions by conducting an in-depth competitive benchmark analysis
and by Identifying successful business cases to be leveraged
for a specific business strategy. This step aims at exhibiting to the brand existing successful path to the Chinese market, and analyze how to tailor-made past approaches to your objectives in China.
Lastly, we deliver a market assessment
. This includes an evaluation of the potential traffic and market developments in China. Furthermore, it highlights indicators of market segment situation through a geographical breakdown of what key regions are best to invest in and insight into the evolution and actual size and volume of the market.
Following the composition of this framework, Daxue will conduct e-r By performing desk research and online data extraction, our market reports include a more concentrated analysis of the secondary data points to better highlight the key indicators of potential growth within a market.
CONTACT US NOW TO FURTHER DISCUSS HOW TO ANSWER YOUR NEEDS IN CHINA
How to access reliable data and improve the research quality of your Chinese market report?
In order to draft relevant conclusions and recommendations, Daxue Consulting aggregates and triangulates the key findings from its market research composing of:
- Desk research
- Online data scrapping and big data analysis on Chinese social media platforms
- Consumer research methodologies – quantitative and qualitative
- Local professional and stakeholder In-depth interview findings
From Daxue Consulting’s deep expertise and experience of leveraging markets and platforms in China, the team will be able to provide clear answers, identify key opportunities, new investments, and recommend high quality strategy routes in the Chinese market. These answers will include a holistic analysis of the:
- Existing market infrastructures
- Market challenges and opportunities
- Potential for growth in certain industries in the coming years
- End-consumer target groups in China and their potential volumes of operation
- Best regions and segments to target in China
- Pros and cons of various promotion models
- Touch points and an opportunity breakdown within the value chain
Along with analyzing social listening on the internet and gathering information from databases as a decisive tool in the collection of market intelligence, Daxue’s concrete and precise market insights come from the accumulation of knowledge from all sources and channels. Multiple data points ensure that the statistics we report are objective and accurate, and that our quality checks are in place. This approach in our market reports and analysis combines primary surveys and vendor briefings; with secondary research such as public financial disclosures, industry trade association material and government statistics.
A marketing report in China is needed, for example, when a company chooses to expand their retail operations in mainland China. The following information is crucial to success and a smoothly implemented business plan:
- Distribution of competitors in the desired districts
- The income and the age level of the people in each of these districts
- A cost and profitability analysis
- How competitors are performing
Daxue Consulting’s delivery for market report in China
There are multiple ways to deliver your tailored market or industry report in China, including:
- Analysis of existing markets with their current rules and regulations
- Figures and graphs on industrial trends within a region, as well as national performance about global trends
- Existing competitors in the industry
- Benchmarking against well-performing players and their market strategies
- Recommendations for market strategies
- Market report in Shanghai as well as Market report in Beijing
Statistics and Insights about China
The PRC has the largest population in the world, which is estimated to reach over 1.4 billion in 2019. China is the second-largest economy in the world, and is the top destination for many international firms looking to grow. China has now become home to many of the world’s up-and-coming businesses, which are increasingly looking to expand in other emerging markets as well as in Western Europe and the US.
Since economic reform began in 1978, China has been among the world’s fastest-growing economies, relying largely on investment and export-oriented growth. However, China’s GDP growth rate has slowed down since 2012, and decreased to 6.5 percent in 2018, which was the lowest growth rate since 1991. When compared to most developed nations, economic emphasis on the industrial sector is rather strong in China. Its high productivity, low labor costs and relatively good infrastructure have made it a global leader in manufacturing.
China has been a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) since December 2001 and is the world’s largest trading power, with a trade surplus of 593 billion U.S. dollars in 2015. It has established itself as the primary trade partner of many countries worldwide. Consumer goods made in China represent a large share of the country’s exports. However, the PRC intends to reduce heavy reliance on merchandise exports and focus on domestic consumption of its manufactured goods facing the lack of demands on the global market. However, by far the biggest challenge facing China is that of forming a sustainable model for economic stability. The transition from a middle-income to a high-income economy is often more challenging than the transition from a low-income to a middle-income economy.
Retail and E-Commerce
: Retail has played a major role in China’s economic growth as the country continues its transformation journey. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, consumption contributed to nearly 60 percent of China’s economic expansion in 2017. China has now become the world’s second largest retail and consumer market, behind only the U.S., exceeding 36 trillion yuan in sales ($5.69 trillion) in 2017. Disposable personal income has increased 130 percent since 2008, a 10-year period in which most developed nations have seen wages stagnate. Furthermore, middle-class consumers in China, estimated to be somewhere in the region of 430 million strong, are becoming increasingly influential in the retail sector.
On the e-commerce side, online spending continues to be the lead character in China’s retail story. E-commerce saw sales jump 32 percent to 7.18 trillion in 2017. The Chinese e-commerce market has simply exploded, averaging a 43 percent increase each year for the past five years. Online sales now account for about a fifth of total retail in the region. Alibaba and its rival JD.com accounted for roughly 80 percent of consumer e-commerce sales between them and more than 40 percent of all licensed sales now come from online purchases, the highest for any country.
: China’s rise as a global technology powerhouse is becoming broadly acknowledged, but the scale, nuance, and innovation encapsulated in that rise does not enjoy the same recognition. In recent decades, China has essentially moved mountains when it comes to innovation, and has fostered an unparalleled technology ecosystem fueled by burgeoning competition, homegrown talent, and capital. In particular, since 2015, the State Council of China has put forward several innovation-centric national strategic initiatives such as the “Internet Plus,” “13th Five-Year Plan,” “Made in China 2025” and the “New Generation of Artificial Intelligence Development Plan.” These initiatives aim to encourage the innovative economy by leveraging the Internet of Things, big data, cloud computing and AI technologies to construct a “Digital China.” Backed by strong government mandates, incentive plans, and billions of dollars in both private and public investment, China has made significant progress in building a solid digital foundation to cement itself as a leader in the global technology market. It now ranks among the top three worldwide for venture capital investment in key areas such as digital technology, including virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, 3D printing, robotics and AI. China is also one of the world’s largest e-commerce markets and is already a major global force in mobile payments.
- China’s GDP grew by 6.8% in the last quarter of 2016
- The added-value industrial output increased by 6% in December 2016, down from 6.2% in November
- Fixed assets investment increased by 8.1% in Jan-Dec 2016 (8.8% in real terms)
- Retail sales increased by 10.9% in December 2016
- Inflation went up to 2.5% in January 2017 from 2.1% in December 2016
- In January 2017, exports (US$) grew by 7.9%, while imports (US$) increased by 16.7% resulting in a trade surplus of US$51.4 billion
View More information: